Friday, June 6, 2008

Huntington Beach

A short drive from Cleveland in the Bay Village area is a great little beach along lake Erie. I couldn't find the hours online--so I am not sure if there really are any. Parking is free--just be ready to take a little walk down to the shore.

How do I get there?

Is it safe to swim today?

(please be sure to check before you go! Because storms flush everything from animal waste to lawn fertilizer into the lake, they have set up a system where it is tested each day to let people know if there is threat of bacteria. Click on the link to see the most current report!)

OUR TAKE?

This was SUCH a fun place to go. The kids had a great time! We took a little picnic lunch to eat on the beach, and aside from the swarms of seagulls trying to steal it at times, we enjoyed our lunch! You can't bring extra floaties here though--Just keep that in mind. But there is plenty of room to run and play--bring your buckets and shovels and a lot of sunscreen!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I LOVE this blog Rachel! It makes me SO excited to be there and find all these fun places and go on adventures ! I'm excited there are some fun indoor things to do, since the hardest part of the winters in Rexburg with kids is there is NOTHING to do or go indoors! McDonalds is as good as it gets in Rexburg and I swear that playplace is diseased! Sometime I'll have to tell you about my friends little girl that found a big poop in the playland and brought it out to her! Gross!

Anonymous said...

Love that it's called huntington beach. I grew up in HB, California! Probably a little different?!